Initially, at the beginning of this week, I drew out how I imaged a section of the film to be and did some more character designs which I felt weren’t leading anywhere…
I liked the concept (on the right) of her rescuing an injured animal as I feel I have figured out the pivotal moment of the film, this is the part that changes the whole dynamic of the film.
Whilst discussing ideas with my partner, we were talking about colour themes and he had the idea of trying out using autumnal colours, so he put together a moodboard:
and I used this to play about with character designs:
As I thought these character designs worked well with this colour scheme I decided to try them in potential shots:
This is definitely something I feel that is working with my project so will continue to develop this.